A user-friendly checklist of points covering before, during, and after travelling to Thailand under the “Living in the Blue Zone” Sandbox programme.
Travel by air from any country around the world.
Stay the first 7 nights within one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations if planning to continue the journey to other destinations in Thailand.
A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
Travellers under 18 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travellers).
A confirmed payment for SHA+ accommodation, and RT-PCR test.
An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
(1) Register for a Thailand Pass at https://tp.consular.go.th/ (available from 1 November, 2021).
(2) Upload the required document (along with the valid visa/re-entry permit, if required), and allow 3-5 working days for the approval process. Wait for the approval of the Vaccine Certification and paid accommodation, including the RT-PCR test.
(3) Confirm the approval, and receive a Thailand Pass QR Code.
(4) Present the Thailand Pass QR Code to the Health Control to carry out checks, then proceed through the Immigration procedures.
(5) Undergo the RT-PCR COVID-19 test at the reserved accommodation, or the pre-arranged test centre. (Children aged under 6 years have a saliva test.)
(6) Proceed to the hotel by the pre-arranged airport transfer. (Distance from the airport within 5 hours.)
(7) Download and install the MorChana application at the hotel.
(8) Wait for the test result within the hotel room. If testing negative for COVID-19, travellers can enjoy travel activities within the designated Blue Zone Sandbox areas throughout the 7 days.
(9) Stay at least the first 7 nights within one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations if planning to continue the journey to other destinations in Thailand.
(10) If staying less than 7 nights, you must leave Thailand immediately on a direct flight to another country. *All travellers are subject to 2 required COVID-19 tests: the first test upon arrival by an RT-PCR method, and the second test on Day 6-7 by self-testing ATK. (Effective on 1 November, 2021 onwards)
(11) Practice the D-M-H-T-T-A precautions: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
(12) After having completed a 7-night stay in one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations, you are free to go anywhere in Thailand or leave Thailand to other countries. However, travellers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by the respective province/country of their destination.
1600 New Phetchaburi Road, Makkasan, Ratchathevi, Bangkok 10400, THAILAND Tel : +662 250 5500 TAT Call Center 1672